|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|Battery "M" 1st Michigan Volunteer Light Artillery|
Michigan state flag
|Active||June 30, 1863 to August 1, 1865|
Battery "M" was organized at Detroit, Mount Clemens and Dearborn, Michigan and mustered into service on June 30, 1863.
The battery was mustered out on August 1, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
Over its existence, the battery carried a total of 261 men on its muster rolls.
The battery 3 enlistedman killed in action or mortally wounded and 15 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 18 fatalities.
- Captain Edwin G. Hilliar
- List of Michigan Civil War Units
- Michigan in the American Civil War
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/rosters.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved July 4, 2007)
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unmiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959. Retrieved July 4, 2007.
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/artillery/1stm.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved July 4, 2007)
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|