|93rd Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||October 13, 1862 to July 7, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Port Gibson|
Battle of Raymond
Battle of Jackson
Battle of Champion Hill
Siege of Vicksburg
Siege of Jackson
Battle of Allatoona
Battle of Bentonville
The 93rd Illinois Infantry was mustered into state service at Chicago, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on October 13, 1862.
The regiment was mustered out on June 23, 1865 and discharged at Chicago, Illinois on July 7, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 4 officers and 147 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 147 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 294 fatalities.
- Colonel Holden Putnam - killed November 25, 1863.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf8.htm#93rd The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/093-fs.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|