|8th Independent Battery Wisconsin Light Artillery|
|Active||January 8, 1862 to August 10, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Iuka|
Battle of Corinth
Battle of Perryville
Battle of Stone's River
Battle of Chickamauga
Siege of Chattanooga
The 8th Independent Battery was mustered into service at Racine, Wisconsin on January 8, 1862.
The battery was mustered out on August 10, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The 8th Independent Battery initially recruited 161 officers and men. An additional 102 men were recruited as replacements, for a total of 263 men.
The battery suffered 1 officer and 1 enlisted men men killed in action or died of wounds and 26 enlisted men men who died of disease, for a total of 28 fatalities.
- Captain Stephen J. Carpenter
- Captain Henry E. Stiles
- List of Wisconsin Civil War Units
- http://freepages.books.rootsweb.com/~wirockbios/Blue1907/1907-5-WICW.html The Blue Book of the State of Wisconsin Compiled and Published Under the Direction of J. D. Beck, Commissioner of Labor and Industrial Statistics, 1907 Democratic Printing Company, State Printer, Madison, WI 1907
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unwiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/results.asp?image_id=1384 Wisconsin Historical Society after Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. 2 vols. 1886.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|