m (Delink dates (WP:MOSUNLINKDATES) using AWB)
m (1 revision)
Latest revision as of 15:20, 18 July 2010
|75th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||September 2, 1862 to June 12, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Stone's River|
Siege of Chattanooga
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Jonesboro
Battle of Franklin
Battle of Nashville
75th Regiment Illinois was organized at Dixon, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on September 2, 1862.
The regiment was discharged from service on June 12, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment lost 3 officers and 94 enlisted men killed in action or died of wounds and 5 officers and 103 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 205 fatalities.
- Colonel George Ryan - Resigned December 20, 1862.
- Colonel John Bennett - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf5.htm#75th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/075-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|