|35th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||July 3, 1861 to September 27, 1864|
|Engagements||Battle of Pea Ridge|
Battle of Perryville
Battle of Stones River
Battle of Chickamauga
Battle of Missionary Ridge
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Pickett's Mill
The 35th Illinois Infantry was organized at Decatur, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on July 3, 1861 for three years service.
The regiment was mustered out on September 27, 1864 at Springfield, Illinois.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 7 officers and 91 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 5 officers and 164 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 267 fatalities.
- Colonel Gustavus A. Smith - promoted to brigadier general on September 19, 1862.
- Colonel William P. Chandler - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf3.htm#35th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/035-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|