|22nd Regiment Indiana Volunteer Infantry|
Flag of the United States, 1865-1867
|Active||August 15, 1861 to July 24, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Pea Ridge|
Battle of Stones River
Battle of Chickamauga
Siege of Chattanooga
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Jonesboro
Battle of Bentonville
- The 22nd Indiana Volunteer Infantry was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana on August 15, 1861.
- Battle of Pea Ridge
- Battle of Perryville
- Battle of Stones River
- Battle of Chickamauga
- Siege of Chattanooga
- Battle of Resaca
- Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
- Battle of Jonesboro
- Battle of Bentonville
- The regiment mustered out of service on July 24, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment lost 14 officers and 139 enlisted men killed in action or died of wounds and 190 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 343 fatalities.
- Colonel Michael Gooding
- List of Indiana Civil War regiments
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unininf2.htm#22nd The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|