|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|1st Iowa Independent Battery Light Artillery|
Iowa state flag
|Active||August 17, 1861 to July 5, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Pea Ridge|
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Lookout Mountain
Battle of Missionary Ridge
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Nashville
The 1st Iowa Light Artillery was mustered into Federal service at Burlington, Iowa for a three year enlistment on August 17, 1861.
The regiment was mustered out of Federal service on July 5, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
A total of 266 men served in the 1st Iowa Battery at one time or another during its existence. It suffered 10 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 50 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 184 fatalities.
- Captain Charles H. Fletcher.
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil719.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniaart.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|