|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|156th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||February 16, 1865 to September 20, 1865|
The 156th Illinois Infantry was mustered into Federal service on February 16, 1865.
The regiment was mustered out on September 20, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 2 enlisted men killed in action or mortally wounded and 24 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 26 fatalities.
- Colonel Alfred T. Smith - discharged with the regiment
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilif11.htm#156th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/156-fs.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|