|14th Regiment Iowa Volunteer Infantry|
Iowa state flag
|Active||November 6, 1861 to August 8, 1865|
Battle of Shiloh
Battle of Corinth
Battle of Pleasant Hill
The 14th Iowa Infantry was organized at Davenport, Iowa and mustered in fir three years of Federal service on November 6, 1861.
The regiment was mustered out on August 8, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The 14th Iowa mustered a total of 1,720 during its existence.
It suffered 5 officers and 59 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 138 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 203 fatalities.
- Colonel William T. Shaw
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil406.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniainf2.htm#14th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|