|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|13th Independent Battery Wisconsin Light Artillery|
|Active||December 29, 1863 to July 20, 1865|
The 13th Independent Battery was mustered into service at Milwaukee, Wisconsin on December 29, 1863 and spent its entire service in garrisons at New Orleans, Louisiana and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The battery was mustered out on July 20, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The 13th Independent Battery initially recruited 156 officers and men. An additional 32 men were recruited as replacements, for a total of 188 men.
The battery suffered 14 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 14 fatalities.
- Captain Richard R. Griffith
- List of Wisconsin Civil War Units
- http://freepages.books.rootsweb.com/~wirockbios/Blue1907/1907-5-WICW.html The Blue Book of the State of Wisconsin Compiled and Published Under the Direction of J. D. Beck, Commissioner of Labor and Industrial Statistics, 1907 Democratic Printing Company, State Printer, Madison, WI 1907
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unwiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/results.asp?image_id=1398 Wisconsin Historical Society after Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. 2 vols. 1886.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|