|13th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||April 21, 1861 to June 18, 1864|
Battle of Shiloh
Siege of Vicksburg
The 13th Illinois Infantry was mustered into state service at Dixon, Illinois on April 21, 1861 and mustered into Federal service on May 24, 1861 for a three-year term. The regiment was mustered out on June 18, 1864.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 6 officers and 61 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 5 officers and 123 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 192 fatalities.
- Colonel John B. Wyman - killed at the Battle of Chickasaw Bayou December 28,
- Colonel Adam B. Gorgas - Mustered out with the
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf1.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/013-fs.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|