|10th Regiment Iowa Volunteer Infantry|
Iowa state flag
|Active||September 6, 1861 to August 15, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Iuka|
Battle of Corinth
Battle of Port Gibson
Battle of Raymond
Battle of Champion Hill
Battle of Big Black River Bridge
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Chattanooga
March to the Sea
Battle of Bentonville
The regiment was mustered out on August 15, 1865 in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment lost 6 officers and 95 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 134 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 235 fatalities.
- Colonel Nicholas Perczel
- Colonel William E. Small
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- Lieutenant Colonel William H. Silsby (March 30th, 1865). "Regimental History of the 10th Iowa Volunteer Infantry". Headquarters of the 10th Iowa Volunteer Infantry. http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/regiment/infantry/10th/10_iowa.htm. Retrieved March 16, 2010.
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniainf2.htm#10th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil402.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|