|10th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Cavalry|
|Active||November 25, 1861 to November 22, 1865|
The 10th Illinois Cavalry was mustered into service at Camp Butler, Illinois on November 25, 1861.
The regiment was mustered out on November 22, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 1 officers and 24 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 3 officers and 262 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 290 fatalities.
- Colonel James A. Barrett - resigned May 12, 1862.
- Colonel Dudley Wickersham - resigned May 10, 1864.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilcav2.htm#10th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/cav009-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|